Sr Front-End Engineer
JOIN US AS AN Engineer – Front End
About This Opportunity
The Target Technology Services (TTS) team designs and creates innovative solutions for a variety of applications, platforms and environments. TTS not only gives Target a competitive advantage in the marketplace, but also enhances the guest experience through the smart use of technology in the retail industry.
As an Engineer/Senior Engineer in the Enterprise Collaboration and Content Management Solution Portfolio team, you will design and develop solutions that transform our applications and services for our enterprise users. You will have opportunities to work on challenging projects and build highly scalable applications and services that support strategic business initiatives. This position will work on an agile team to build and enhance websites used by Store, Distribution Center, and Headquarter team members.
As an Engineer/Senior Engineer, you’ll take the lead as you…
- Perform a technical engineering leadership role on initiatives running in agile/scrum.
- Design, develop, test and deploy software.
- Ensure architectural, infrastructure, operational, and security requirements are met.
- Participate in lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of platforms, applications and infrastructure services.
- Diagnose, isolate and de-bug software problems and perform problem resolution
- Drive standards and best practices while collaborating with the team to promote re-use and develop consistent technical build processes
- Drive technical quality, stability and scalability of solutions
- Generate and preserve intellectual property
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 5-7+ years total work experience
- Experience with build tools (e.g. Webpack, Grunt, or Gulp) and Git.
- Experience supporting technical products in a production environment.
- Experience working on a product team that follows an agile methodology (e.g. Scrum).
Qualified Candidates Will Bring
- A positive attitude
- Great communication skills
- A self-driven work ethic
- A focus on delivering value
- Curiosity and drive to continue learning
- A desire to share knowledge with co-workers
- A desire to contribute to the Open Source community
- New ideas and solutions to problems
- Some experience with Jira or similar tools
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Technology Leadership Program
As part of the Technology Leadership Program, Ashley creates great programming tools and works on creating and perfecting Target’s text messaging API.
Back to top