Sr Engineering Manager-BI
- Bengaluru, India
Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best - the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members' futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education®.
About Data Sciences
Behind one of the world's best-loved brands is a uniquely capable and brilliant team of data and AI scientists, engineers and analysts. The Target Data & Analytics team creates the analysis, tools and data products to sustainably educate and enable our business partners to make great data based decisions at Target. We help develop the technology that personalises the guest experience, from product recommendations to relevant ad content. We are also the source of the data and analytics behind Target's Internet of Things (iOT) applications, fraud detection, Supply Chain optimisation and demand forecasting. We play a key role in identifying the test-and-measure or A/B test opportunities that continuously help Target improve the guest experience, whether they love to shop in stores or at Target.com.
About Data Engineering
We recognise that Target's competitive advantage in offering even more value to our guests hinges on our ability to leverage the full capability of our data assets. At data engineering, we build technical solutions to collect, manage and store data from a wide range of sources, the output of which is used to inform Target's most important strategic objectives for creating compelling, differentiated experiences for our guests. Our work enables intelligent, efficient execution across our market-leading retail operation. In addition, our global agile product teams develop products and strategies to manage enterprise data efficiently in bigData and MPP/RDBMS data platforms with end-to-end technology platform ownership. Join our team to have the latest open source technologies available to support streaming, event-based and batch data ingestion to engineer data solutions.
We're looking for a Senior Engineering Manager who can build a strong vision, along with the product owner(s), a viable road-map and build/lead a team of world class software engineers to execute on solutions. In this role you will develop, optimise and support data engineering solutions supporting the global supply chain function within Target.
As a Sr Engineering Manager, you will:
- Lead a team of high performing engineers to build data pipelines to efficiently manage enterprise data for Target
- Ensure accuracy of data by building fault resistant systems and anomaly detection systems
- Architect and develop scalable, highly available solutions that run in a cloud environment.
- Play a critical role in influencing the product vision and roadmap in order to elevate business outcomes it delivers for Target
- Tech Acumen
- You have experience leading in a variety of contexts, during which you've built scalable, robust, and resilient systems. You have a solid knowledge of distributed systems, data architectures, integrations.
- architecture: The services we build are highly scalable, robust, and resilient. Understanding the trade-offs involved in building high scale architectures.
- In complex and unstructured situations, serve as an expert resource to create and improve standards and best practices to ensure high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables.
- Team & Talent
- The most important part of your job is setting the team up for success. Through mentoring, teaching, and reviewing, you help other engineers make sound architectural decisions, improve their code quality, and get out of their comfort zone.
- Hiring know-how. You're a great interviewer who constantly raises the bar for excellence.
- Delivery and Operations
- You are accountable for execution and feature velocity. Jumping in and taking ownership of problems that might not even be in your team's scope
- Operationalise and support products in production including incident resolution, reacting to business continuity challenges and continuous improvement using RCA
Back to top