Sr. Engineering Manager (Point-of-Sale)
As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you will lead an engineering team in an agile environment building solutions. The key to the success of this position is having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
The in-Stores Checkout portfolio includes Point-of-Sale System, Self-Checkout, and Mobile Point-of-Sale. The In-store checkout today accounts for all of Target's in-store sales and has direct impact on every guest that shops across Target's 1800+ stores. This portfolio is being rapidly modernized into a micro-service, containerized and cloud enabled architecture – easily extended and integrated with the ecosystem to enable various other use cases of seamless shopping, fulfillment and delivery across physical and digital.
As a Sr. Engineering manager, you'll take the lead as you…
- Develop and own the product in a full-stack ownership model with a DevOps mind-set of stability and security first.
- Manage overall software development cycle, driving best engineering practices. Ensuring development of high quality code with relevant monitoring and logging for strong supportability.
- Build and lead a team of high caliber software development engineers
- Architect and develop the best technical design and approach with high quality
- Embody and further the maturity of the product model and agile mindset
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment while reducing the technical debt.
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Ensure all code adheres to all development & security standards while being functionally effective.
- 8+ years of engineering (software development) experience. Experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production. Experience in building/implementing high performance & scalable server-side applications
- 3+ years of managing software development teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Experience with software test automation, CI/CD pipeline and open source tools.
- Experienced in delivering in an agile and product mindset. DevOps experience is desired.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability. Focus on delivering high quality software and supporting it in production.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- Experience with Java, Groovy, Spring Boot, Grails- JVM language and framework
- Familiar with C++ / .NET, SQL and Microsoft tools IaaS and PaaS based development
- Contribute back to the Open Source community
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Technology Leadership Program
As part of the Technology Leadership Program, Ashley creates great programming tools and works on creating and perfecting Target’s text messaging API.
Back to top