Sr Engineering Manager, IT Service Enablement
Description: As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you will lead an engineering team in an agile environment building solutions. The key to the success of this position is having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
Information Technology Service Enablement (ITSE) Product Team:
We are fundamentally changing how TTS manages technology operations. The SEM will be responsible for developing the strategic direction for how we equip TTS team members with the right tools to do this. The SEM also needs to understand the process behind the legacy ITIL ops based model and how to transform that into new processes that will support autonomous operations. You will own the detailed technical roadmap for your product leveraging the latest open source technology and CI/CD pipeline tools. You will work closely with the product management team to set the product's direction and maintain the team's backlog. You will have the opportunity to coach and develop your engineering team while influencing your peers and leaders across Target Technology Services.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Engineering manager, you'll take the lead as you...
- Drive technology modernization of core IT Operations capabilities
- Manage overall software development cycle, driving best practices and ensuring development of high quality, secure code for common assets and framework components.
- Build and lead a team of high caliber infrastructure as code and application development engineers
- Architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Manage and execute against project/agile plans and set deadlines
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Ensure all code and systems config adheres to all development & security standards
- 8+ years of infrastructure engineering experience or software development
- 1+ years of managing infrastructure teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects and delivering infrastructure as code
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- Agile Mindset (ability to adapt/change direction vs. 2yr plan)
- Experience operating within a complex environment
- Ability influence and partner
- Knowledge of modern enterprise infrastructure concepts including automation, security, cloud, containers
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with GoLang, Java, Groovy, Spring, Grails- JVM language and framework
- eCommerce experience with a track record of innovation
- Contribute back to the Open Source community is desirable
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Roberto is a Lead Software Engineer in the application development space for Target. He leverages the Java stack to build scalable systems and ensures that Target’s product teams are using continuous integration to deliver high-quality applications.
Back to top