Sr Engineering Manager - Guest Profile/Security
About This Opportunity
As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you will lead an engineering team in an agile environment building solutions. The key to the success of this position is having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
As a Sr. Engineering manager, you'll be part of the Enterprise Guest product team focused on guest profile, guest security and relevant guest services (i.e. Wallet, Address, etc.). You will work with a team of engineers to deliver solutions across these services. The position also requires a high level of interaction with teams across Target in US and India.
- Manage overall software development cycle, driving best practices and ensuring development of high quality code for common assets and framework components.
- Build and lead a team of high caliber software development engineers
- Architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Manage and execute against project/agile plans and set deadlines
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Ensure all code adheres to all development & security standards
- Experience writing, and deploying secured services
- 8+ years of engineering (software development) experience. Experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production. Experience in building/implementing high performance & scalable server-side applications
- 1+ years of managing software development teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Experience operating medium to large scale systems
- Experience with test-driven development and software test automation
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with Java, Spring, Cassandra, Kafka, RESTful APIs, micro services architecture
- eCommerce experience with a track record of innovation
- Contribute back to the Open Source community is desirable
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Tech Leadership Program Trainee, TLP
Jordikai is currently participating in Target’s Technology Leadership Program, meaning she spends approximately a year embedded in multiple engineering teams across the technology enterprise, prior to joining one on a permanent basis.
Back to top