Sr Engineering Manager - Authentication
About This Opportunity
As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you will lead an engineering team in an agile environment building solutions. The key to the success of this position is having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
You will be responsible for managing the Access Enforcement product. Access Enforcement delivers the following services and capabilities:
- Provide solutions that enforce appropriate access to Target computing resources, optimizing both user experience and security
- Define and enforce IAM policies and procedures to meet audit and compliance requirements
- Optimize experiences for Target product & infrastructure teams consuming our services through automation & self-service
- Deliver solutions to problems & opportunities in front of the business today and for those in which the business didn't realize IAM could positively impact
- Maintain industry and technology expertise and relationships in order to stay current in the evolving landscape.
- Manage overall software development cycle, driving best practices and ensuring development of high quality, secure code for common assets and framework components.
- Build and lead a team of high caliber, software development-focused, security engineers
- Ensure the design and architecture of your team's technical solutions conforms to security best practices
- Manage and execute against project/agile plans and set deadlines
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build, and deployment
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Ensure all code and systems configuration adheres to all development, security, and compliance standards
Requirements for Security Org:
- 8+ years of Identity Access Management experience, specifically with respect to authentication technologies and protocols (e.g. Single Sign-On, Federation, Multi-Factor Authentication, Risk-Based Authentication, Secret Management, Password Vault, Privileged Escalation, etc.), managing and delivering large projects
- 3+ years of managing software development teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- 3+ years of experience deploying and/or integrating applications that consume industry standard authentication protocols – e.g. SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect, RADIUS, TACACS+, OTP, SSH, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in a people leadership role, responsible for Skills Assessments, Talent Planning & Development, Performance Management, Benefits & Pay, Hiring, etc.
- Knowledge of agile software design methodology for development and documentation
- Demonstrated experience in a DevOps culture
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- Can draw on examples in their past of how they inspired individuals and teams to accomplish goals greater than was known to be possible at the time
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Consumer-facing IAM experience, specifically with respect to authentication technologies and protocols
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Technology Leadership Program
As part of the Technology Leadership Program, Ashley creates great programming tools and works on creating and perfecting Target’s text messaging API.
Back to top