Sr Engineering Manager - Application Security
About This Opportunity
As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you will lead an engineering team in an agile environment building solutions. The key to the success of this position is having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking Application Security organization! As a Sr. Engineering manager, you’ll take the lead as you…
- Enable Target’s developer community by designing and building a CI/CD testing pipeline for DevOps enablement.
- Work with operations teams to support Product Security maturity for business critical products, stay on top of agile development teams’ needs, and continue to mature the testing services and expanding capabilities.
- Manage overall software development cycle, driving best practices and ensuring development of high quality code for common assets and framework components.
- Be accountable for all aspects of solution – design, implementation, lifecycle, scale/expansion, etc.
- Build and manage a team of high caliber Application Security and DevOps engineers, including coaching and maturing junior engineers to higher levels of tech competency.
- Develop and execute on long range technology strategy roadmaps.
- Stay current with latest security trends and application attack vectors and techniques.
- Continuously assess current technology footprint and market offerings, drive technology decisions, lead PoCs of new solutions/capabilities
- Manage and execute against project/agile plans and set deadlines
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Ensure all code adheres to all development & security standards
- 8+ years of engineering (software development) experience. Experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production. Experience in building/implementing high performance & scalable server-side applications
- 3+ years of managing software development teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Experience operating small to medium scale systems
- Experience with test-driven development and software test automation
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years of security architecture or engineering experience
- Demonstrated strong desire to stay current on emerging technology and building upon open source projects
- Contribute back to the Open Source community is desirable
- Experience in utilizing DevOps skillset to deliver Security services
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Expert level with static (e.g. HP Fortify, KlocWork, Checkmarx, Whitehat Source, Findbugs-Security, SonarQube, etc.) and dynamic application security (Portswigger Burp, HP WebInspect, IBM AppScan, Acunetix, Nikto, W3AF, ZAP, etc.) , penetration testing and vulnerability assessment tools (Nessus, Onapsis, Qualys guard, Nexpose, etc.).
Back to top