Sr Engineering Manager
About This Opportunity
As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you will lead an engineering team in an agile environment building solutions. The key to the success of this position is having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with comfort working through ambiguity. You will play a role in defining and designing next generation solutions and help sequence delivery to drive business value and learnings that inform our next steps.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of retail leading tech organization! As a Sr. Engineering manager, you’ll take the lead as you…
- Manage overall software development cycle, driving best practices and ensuring development of high quality code for common assets and framework components.
- Manage and execute against project/agile plans and set deadlines
- Coach and mentor other engineers on the use and adoption of technologies.
- Explore and conduct proof of concepts to validate ideas and assumptions.
- Play an active role, working with Product management partners in sequencing work to drive incremental business value and learnings.
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Ensure all code adheres to all development & security standards
- 8+ years of engineering (software development) experience. Experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production. Experience in building/implementing high performance & scalable server-side applications
- 3+ years of managing software development teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Experience operating small to medium scale systems
- Experience with test-driven development and software test automation
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with Java, Spring, or other JVM languages and frameworks
- Experience with API and integration patterns and technologies
- Demonstrated strong desire to stay current on emerging technology and building upon open source projects
- Contribute back to the Open Source community is desirable
- Experience in utilizing DevOps skillset to deliver applications
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
Back to top