Sr Engineering Manager
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Engineering manager, you’ll take the lead as you…
- Manage overall software development cycle, driving best practices and ensuring development of high quality code to create a large scale, high-performing transactional ecommerce website.
- Build and lead a large team of high caliber software development engineers.
- Establish a team culture that demands a high degree of accountability, values innovation, fosters team connectivity and performance, and exhibits high commitment to team and product objectives.
- Architect and develop the best technical design and approach, specifically driving simple, reuseable designs; highly scalable and transactional website; and a high degree of automation.
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes that support the domain and enterprise guiding values of speed, simplicity, and stability.
- As a scrum master, lead the team to deliver against agile plans and demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts
- Ensure all code adheres to all development & security standards
- 8+ years of engineering (software development) experience. Experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production. Experience in building/implementing high performance & scalable server-side applications
- 3+ years of managing software development teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Experience operating small to medium scale systems
- Experience with test-driven development and software test automation
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience in web frameworks like AngularJS, Backbone, and ReactJS
- Experience building adaptive or responsive websites using UI technologies like HTML5, CSS3
- Experience designing, building, and operating large scale, transactional websites
- Exposure to DevOps tools, process and culture
- Contribute back to the Open Source community is desirable
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Technology Leadership Program
As part of the Technology Leadership Program, Ashley creates great programming tools and works on creating and perfecting Target’s text messaging API.
Back to top