Sr Engineering Manager
About This Opportunity
As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you will lead an engineering team in an agile environment building solutions. The key to the success of this position is having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking Network Security organization! As a Sr. Engineering manager, you’ll take the lead as you…
- Enable Target’s network infrastructure teams by providing security guidance in designing, building, and maintaining a secure perimeter.
- Work with risk management to support network security maturity for business critical products, stay on top of agile development teams’ needs, and continue to mature network services and expanding capabilities.
- Manage network security services such as secure web gateway (web proxy), advance threat protection (sandboxing), and anti-automation and CDN Web Application Firewalls.
- Be accountable for all aspects of solution – design, implementation, lifecycle, scale/expansion, etc.
- Build and manage a team of high caliber Network Security and DevOps engineers, including coaching and maturing junior engineers to higher levels of tech competency.
- Develop and execute on long range technology strategy roadmaps.
- Stay current with latest network security trends and perimeter attack vectors and techniques.
- Continuously assess current technology footprint and market offerings, drive technology decisions, lead PoCs of new solutions/capabilities
- Manage and execute against project/agile plans and set deadlines
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Ensure all network designs adheres to security standards
- 10+ years of network engineering/architecture experience. Experience with design/implementing enterprise wide network security platforms and services protecting ecommerce website, data centers, and end users.
- 3+ years of managing network security teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Experience operating enterprise wide, critical systems
- Experience with Content Delivery Network (CDN) and associated security services
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- 10+ years of network engineering or architecture
- 3+ years of direct management of security focused team
- Demonstrated strong desire to stay current on emerging technology
- Experience in utilizing DevOps skillset to deliver Security services
- Expert level with network security products and platforms.e.g. Firewalls, IPS/IDS, Proxy, Web Application Firewalls (WAF), Advance Threat Protection (Sandboxing), Network Access Control (NAC), Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB)
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Technology Leadership Program
As part of the Technology Leadership Program, Ashley creates great programming tools and works on creating and perfecting Target’s text messaging API.
Back to top