Sr. Engineer-Agile Tools
Description: About us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
Join the Agile Enablement Tools Team where you will help t he community of Agile & Product teams deliver work through supporting their work backlog, idea & knowledge management, content, and chat tools. You will play a key role in helping teams deliver work across Target.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of this impactful team . As a Senior Engineer, you'll :
- A pply infrastructure as code practices by leveraging Github , Ansible , & Terraform to automate configuration management, deployment and orchestration
- Build capabilities and integrations to enable self-service for our customers
- Provide technical leadership in r esolving incidents
- Oversee preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and quickly resolve problems to ensure infrastructure and application stability
- Work closely with customers to understand customer goals and leverage customer insight to provide input to strategic technical roadmap for product
- E nabl e customers by building Slack bots and integrations between tools
- Build infrastructure and deploy new vendor packages
- Mentor junior engineers
W hat we provide you:
- A f ocus on learning and dedicated time to learn
- A collaborative team focused on pair programming, mobbing, and inclusivity
- The ability to work on enterprise wide tools and capabilities
- A voice in planning, decision making, debugging, and execution
Preferred Experience :
- ChatOps (Slack & bot development) , p roduct and backlog management tools (Jira, Confluence, & ConceptBoard ) , and knowledge management tools (Stack Overflow) ; Or experience supporting vendor package and SAAS solutions
- Infrastructure as Code capabilities (Packer, Ansible, Terraform)
- CI/CD (GitHub, Drone/Jenkins, Docker)
- D atabases (Postgres , MongoDB )
- P rogramming languages (Python, GoLang, Ruby, Java, YAML)
- 5-7 years of engineering experience
- Builds strong commitment within the tea m to support the appropriate team priorities
- Understands and models Agile behaviors and concepts
- Maintains technical knowle dge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Back to top