Sr Engineer - Windows, Linux, Scripting
About this Opportunity
The Target Technology Services (TTS) team designs and creates innovative solutions for a variety of applications, platforms and environments. TTS not only gives Target a competitive advantage in the marketplace, but also enhances the guest experience through the smart use of technology in the retail industry
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
- Contributes to project success by providing technical leadership on assigned projects.
- Writes technical architecture and solutions
- Translates technical solutions based on client's needs and feasibility.
- Stays current with technology and determines the impact of hardware and/or software upgrades on new and existing applications.
- Evaluates vendor products and prepares recommendations.
- Ensures high quality, adherence to standards and best practices, high performance, and scalable, repeatable processes and deliverables.
- Understands interrelationships and impacts of systems and applications upon the Target technical environment.
- Participates in project estimation.
- Provides project knowledge and expertise to the TTS organization.
- Identifies and escalates issues when needed
- Prioritizes workload and accomplishes assignments on time, ensuring deliverables are high quality.
- Prepares and conducts technical instruction and mentoring for team members and rollout room staff.
- Completes all administration in a timely and quality manner.
- Any Graduates/Post Graduates or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years total work experience
- Has in-depth knowledge of state-of-the art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required by domain
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Windows administration, Linux Administration
- Knowledge of scripting languages and skills to build scripting and automation, Windows PowerShell, \ Windows Management Instrumentation, Windows Remote Management, and Microsoft System Center suite of tools
- Technical aptitude and skills around Microsoft Windows, with desire to build domain application knowledge and ServiceNow skills.
- Technical knowledge of operations hardware and applications.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage vendor partners.
- Strong reasoning, troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills.
- A desire to not do repetitive activities instead utilize coding skills to reduce human labor.
- Proficient in the following technology areas:
- Java/C#/ Programming Languages
- MySQL, Postgres or SQL Server
- Ruby, or Python
- Chef, Puppet or Spinnaker
- Openstack, VMaaS , Hyper V or other
- Applied Site Reliability Engineering framework in current role
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Technology Leadership Program
As part of the Technology Leadership Program, Ashley creates great programming tools and works on creating and perfecting Target’s text messaging API.
Back to top