Sr Engineer- Test Automation
JOIN US AS AN AUTOMATION ENGINEER
Target is one of the world’s most recognized brands and one of America’s leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation – and right now, we are up to big things. The Target Technology Team is driving a transformation in retail, one that will move us from “brick-and-mortar and online” to “bricks-and-mortar and everywhere else.” Our goal is to deliver Target’s unique “Expect More. Pay Less.” promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones, and in the retail channels of the future.
You can be a part of developing and launching new services that power all the channels where Target does and will do business – in-store, web, tablet, mobile, and future channels. You’ll have the opportunity to design, develop and support innovative solutions across a variety of applications, platforms and environments, building tomorrow’s technologies in Search, Browse, Product Info, Promotions, Content and Checkout. You’ll put your skills, experience and passion to work in an entrepreneurial environment where success is rewarded.
We are looking for highly motivated engineering professionals who can connect the in-store experience to the digital environment by creating scalable and seamless multi-channel experiences without losing the brand we are known for. Individuals in this role will have opportunities to gain a large breadth of knowledge by working with experts in the eCommerce, multichannel retail, product management and software engineering fields.
About This Opportunity
The Automation Engineer will provide support to development activities through automation of functional and non-functional test scenarios. They will be part of an Agile team supporting a large program with multiple systems under test. The candidate will support planning and designing of automation strategies and plans. The Automation Engineer will be responsible for the automation framework and implementing all actions required to deploy an automated test solution at all layers of the application stack.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply software quality assurance experience to design, influence and drive quality and testability of software.
- Author or assist with test automation test strategy/plans considering multiple systems under test, both guest and team-member facing, as well as backend processes.
- Integrate automation strategies/plans with agile development practices and processes.
- Perform test automation analysis and design.
- Perform automation estimates.
- Build and maintain test automation stubs/harnesses and frameworks considering multiple systems under test.
- Participate in code creation, testing, and enhancement activities.
- Identify and prepare test automation data.
- Execute/maintain test automation scripts per test cycle activities.
- Identify, log, and follow-up on all defects encountered.
- Perform additional system testing-related activities, as required.
- Communicate status and progress of testing activities to development team and stakeholders.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 5+ years of IT experience with 3+ years experience in automation testing.
- Demonstrated experience building automation solutions with Selenium WebDriver/Grid or similar.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience with one or more of the following: Java, Python, Ruby, Groovy.
- Experience with SOA and system integration concepts.
- Experience with test automation for web services (REST and SOAP)
- Experience with Unit testing frameworks such as TestNg or JUnit
- Experience with Continuous Integration frameworks and familiarity with two or more of the following: Jenkins, Maven, Git, Subversion, Grunt.
- Experience with automation in an Agile development environment.
Preferred / Special Skills:
- Experience with BDD frameworks such as Cucumber or JBehave
- Experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA/Confluence/Stash).
- Experience in device automation
Back to top