Sr Engineer - Store Pricing
Sr Engineer - Store Pricing Apply Now Job ID INF000BI4 Date posted 09/05/2017 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota
Join us as a Sr Engineer
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands andone of America's leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is aculture of continual innovation – and right now, we are up to big things.
We are looking for highly motivated software engineeringprofessionals who can help us advance our Store Modernization Strategy forTarget. You will be able to put your skills, experience and passion to build aplatform that will have direct impact on our Store Team members and millions ofTarget Guests and significant revenue driver for Target. You will get anopportunity to build an engineering solution for deliveringaccurate and timely store pricing and promotions to Target TM and Guests acrossTarget stores. Be part of a team that's not only utilizing cutting edgetechnologies but also driving topline growth for Target.
- Work well withother engineers and partners to ensure development meets business needs.
- Understanding of data models with sources fromdifferent data systems including relationaldatabase and conceptual understanding of at least one NoSQL storage.
- Research andproof-of-concept initiatives in new and emerging technology spaces.
- Drive evaluation and learn new tools andtechnologies to keep technology stack modern as needed for the Productsolution.
- 6+ years of software development experience withat least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production
- Proficiency in Java. Spring Boot experience is aplus.
- Experience in building highly scalabledistributed systems
- Strong problem solving and thought partnershipskills
- Team attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Postgress, Microservices,Kubernetes/Spinaker
- Machine Learning experience
- Experience in retail industry
- Familiarity with Chef, GIT, Powershell,Gradle and proficiency in Python and other scripting languages.
- Good written communication skills and ability to documenttechnical content
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Roberto is a Lead Software Engineer in the application development space for Target. He leverages the Java stack to build scalable systems and ensures that Target’s product teams are using continuous integration to deliver high-quality applications.
Back to top