Sr Engineer - Property Design
- Minneapolis, MN
Description: About us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As a Senior Engineer in the Property Design engineering team, you will:
- Participate in full stack development which includes front-end and back-end systems development, testing, deployment and support.
- Build reusable components and libraries, and is responsible for adherence to standards, policies and development guidelines.
- Lead and conduct code and design review, testing, and debugging activities at the application level.
- Lead functional design and architecture discussions with understanding of process flows and system diagrams to enable design decisions.
- Initiate and execute research and proof-of-concept activities as needed.
- Provide technical oversight and coach others to resolve complex and severe technical issues.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrates proficiency in the Java language.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of RESTful services preferably using SpringBoot
- Experienced working with test-driven development, software test automation and testing frameworks including Jest and Spock.
- Experienced using CI/CD methodologies and tools in a DevOps environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical terms to a non-technical audience.
- Has the ability to clearly articulate thoughts and ideas to stakeholders and other partners
- Strong problem-solving and thought partnership skills
- Builds strong commitment within the team to support the appropriate team priorities
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the impact of own work on the team and/or guests
- Influences and applies data standards, policies, and procedures
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Can effectively work in a small group setting in an Agile environment
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Back to top