Sr Engineer - Properties Construction
Sr Engineer - Properties Construction Apply Now Job ID INF000BJ0 Date posted 09/13/2017 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota
Join us as a Senior Engineer - Java
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation - and right now, we are up to big things.
We are looking for highly motivated engineering professionals. You will have the opportunity to design, develop and support innovative solutions across a variety of applications, platforms and environments, building tomorrow's technologies in the Target Properties product space supporting team members and other professionals in both Headquarters and external construction and vendor community.
- Design and develop software and systems on test driven development and continuous integration practices, unit testing and creating automated test scripts.
- Understanding of data models with sources from different data systems including relational databases.
- Collaborate with other engineers and partners to ensure development meets business needs.
- Follow industry standard agile software design methodology for development and technical documentation.
- Drive evaluation and learn new tools and technologies to keep technology stack modern as needed for the Product solution.
- 6+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production
- Proficiency in Java
- Strong problem solving and thought partnership skills
- Team attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability, and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements.
- Experience developing high performing web-based applications using Java and other web development frameworks.
- Experience developing RESTful services using the Spring Boot framework
- Experience in relational databases including development of tables.
- Experience with web technology frameworks (Angular 2 or newer, Ionic, NodeJS)
- Experience in data modeling
- Experience in mobile application development
- Experience working in an agile environment (i.e. writing user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the PostgreSQL database
- Working knowledge of test-driven development and software test automation
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Roberto is a Lead Software Engineer in the application development space for Target. He leverages the Java stack to build scalable systems and ensures that Target’s product teams are using continuous integration to deliver high-quality applications.
Back to top