Sr Engineer - Network Security Automation
JOIN US AS A SENIOR NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER
Join our Connectivity Engineering team and build world class technology solutions in support of Target's Network Security strategies!
You will have the opportunity to help drive industry leading best practices within the network security space and provide governance over firewall and remote access infrastructure in a large scale environment. Lead design and development of cutting edge infrastructure and automation while driving partnerships with our security, cloud engineering, and application development teams.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Senior Engineer, you'll take the lead as you…
- Help design and implement Network Security strategy including Cloud enablement and establishing Next Generation Firewall features and capabilities
- Provide analysis and recommendations for the continuous improvement of Target's network Security
- Maintains, installs, upgrades and troubleshoots network security infrastructure solutions including Firewalls, Client VPN and Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Collaborate with Security and Infrastructure teams to develop consistent technical solutions, implementation activities and support processes
- Participate in the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of platforms, applications and infrastructure services
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years total work experience
- Has in-depth knowledge of state-of-the art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required by domain
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- In-depth knowledge of network security and security operations, including Check Point Unified Threat Management firewalls and IPS
- Experience with coding/scripting in Python or Ruby
- Preferred to have experience or aptitude with software defined networking (SDN) and/or infrastructure as code
- Experience or interest in automation through object-oriented programming and scripting
- Experience with DevOps/Agile development
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Technology Leadership Program
As part of the Technology Leadership Program, Ashley creates great programming tools and works on creating and perfecting Target’s text messaging API.
Back to top