Sr. Engineer - Law and Corp Systems (Card Access / Lenel)
Sr. Engineer - Law and Corp Systems (Card Access / Lenel) Apply Now Job ID INF000BFO Date posted 08/22/2017 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota
JOIN US AS A SR. ENGINEER – LAW / CORPORATE SYSTEMS (CARD ACCESS MANAGEMENT)
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation – and right now, we are up to big things. The Target Technology Team is driving a transformation in retail, one that will move us from "brick-and-mortar and online" to "bricks-and-mortar and everywhere else."
You can be a part of developing and launching new services that power all the channels for its Asset Protection team. You'll have the opportunity to design, develop and support innovative solutions across a variety of applications, platforms and environments, building tomorrow's technologies in stabilizing environment, Resource monitoring, video surveillance and access control applications. You'll put your skills, experience and passion to work in an entrepreneurial environment where success is rewarded.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and pyramid goals. As an Engineer, you'll take the lead as you…
- Develop software and systems on test driven development and continuous integration practices.
- Unit test code and create automated test scripts
- Work closely with other engineers and partners to ensure development meets business needs
- Follow industry standard agile software design methodology for development and technical documentation
- Research related products and make necessary software recommendations
- Innovate constantly and maintain the technical edge
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience with Lenel or equivalent Access Control System development, configuration, and troubleshooting experience
- Has in-depth knowledge of engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, and debugging problems with Physical Security Systems.
- Experience with installing, troubleshooting and configuring Access Control Hardware such as readers, controllers, panels, locking hardware etc.
- Experience with integrating access control systems with other physical security systems (Intrusion Alarms, turnstiles, CCTV systems etc.)
- Good understanding of Network and core Access Control bus communication systems.
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Strong problem solving and thought partnership skills
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements
- Self-starter and proactive with a Team attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Lenel Certification with the candidate is preferred
- OnGuard Hardware & Software Fundamentals – This is the certification I have it focuses on basic hardware design and system programming
- Access (Expert Level) – Multiple courses to complete focuses on the Access Control features
- Database (Professional or Expert Level) – Multiple courses focused on the Lenel database specifically
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Roberto is a Lead Software Engineer in the application development space for Target. He leverages the Java stack to build scalable systems and ensures that Target’s product teams are using continuous integration to deliver high-quality applications.
Back to top