Sr. Engineer - Lacey, Washington
A proactive, technical leadership role supporting distribution center (DC) production, focusing on maximizing IT systems reliability and operational performance. Overall site responsibility for stability and TTS Service within their DC.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
• Daily Operations - Overall responsibility for DC Data Center operations and IT Systems functions being accomplished on a daily basis. Manage vendor resource and workflow to ensure TTS initiatives are supported and Service Level Agreements are met.
• Data Center Management: Ensure the DC Data Centers are maintained to predefined standards (prototype and best practice). Manage all TTS infrastructure within the Distribution Centers. Understands different TTS platforms, applications, hardware and infrastructure and how they interact with and impact the DC.
• Vendor Management /Escalation: Provides appropriate feedback and takes appropriate follow up actions to ensure Vendor SLAs are met. Provides necessary Training/Onboarding for Vendor Technicians servicing their DC.
• Floor Time - Flexibility to be on call 24/7 as well as ability to support other sites as needed
• Bachelor's degree in IT related field, or equivalent experience.
• Strong technical aptitude and skills including network, server, telephony and desktop experience
• Strong technical knowledge of operations hardware and applications
• Excellent communication skills and ability to manage vendor partners
• Strong reasoning, troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to adjust working hours and/or respond to on-call escalations.
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Support Supervisor, Desktop Support Manager, Help Desk Manager, Data Center Technician
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Roberto is a Lead Software Engineer in the application development space for Target. He leverages the Java stack to build scalable systems and ensures that Target’s product teams are using continuous integration to deliver high-quality applications.
Back to top