Sr Engineer - Edge Computing
- Brooklyn Park, MN
Sr. Engineer - Edge Computing
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
Join the Edge Computing Team where you will help drive Target's infrastructure as c ode, cloud development and automation strategies across 1800 locations . As an Sr. Engineer on the Vessel Team, you will support a very large distributed Kubernetes deployment and also help build the next generation distributed infrastructure provider. All development is done entirely in-house, utilizing open source tools. This role is largely a full stack ownership software development role that will operational support of the product's we develop.
You will be a good fit if you have experience with or interest in some of the following areas:
- Compiled languages - Go, Java, C
- Linux based operating systems: RHEL, CentOS, Fedora
- Integrating and programming with APIs
- CI/CD technologies such as Git, Ansible, Jenkins, and Drone
- Software development lifecycles from requirements gathering to production
- Virtualization platforms: KVM, XEN and Docker
- Basic infrastructure components: compute, storage, and networking
- Minikernels and unikernels
- Ownership of a product
- Working with a limited set of requirements
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Excellent communication skills with both business partners and other engineering teams
- Familiar with Agile principles and possess a team attitude
- Problem solving and debugging skills
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Back to top