Sr Engineer - Data
Sr Engineer - Data Apply Now Job ID INF000BB2 Date posted 08/29/2017 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota
Join us as a Sr Engineer
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation – and right now, we are up to big things.
We are looking for highly motivated software engineering professionals who can help us advanced our Digital Marketing strategy for Target. You will be able to put your skills, experience and passion to build a platform that will have direct impact on millions of Target Guests and Vendor partners and significant revenue driver for Target. You will get an opportunity to build an engineering solution for delivering personalized messages to guests across multiple channels including web, emails, and other social channels. Be part of a team that's not only utilizing cutting edge technologies but also driving topline growth for Target.
Work well with other engineers and partners to ensure development meets business needs.Develop secure, stable, testable, maintainable code with minimal defects.Understanding of data models with sources from different data systems including relational database and conceptual understanding of at least one NoSQL storage.Research and proof-of-concept initiatives in new and emerging technology spaces.Drive evaluation and learn new tools and technologies to keep technology stack modern as needed for the Product solution.
- 6+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production
- Proficiency in Java
- Experience in building highly scalable distributed systems
- Strong problem solving and thought partnership skills
- Team attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce and Oozie.
- Machine Learning experience
- Experience in retail industry
- Familiarity with Spark and Scala and proficiency in Python and other scripting languages.
- Experience with CI/CD
- Good written communication skills and ability to document technical content
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Roberto is a Lead Software Engineer in the application development space for Target. He leverages the Java stack to build scalable systems and ensures that Target’s product teams are using continuous integration to deliver high-quality applications.
Back to top