Description: JOIN US AS A Sr Engineer (Software Engineering Coach)
About this Opportunity
The Target Technology Services (TTS) team designs and creates innovative solutions for a variety of applications, platforms and environments. TTS not only gives Target a competitive advantage in the marketplace, but also enhances the guest experience through the smart use of technology in the retail industry.
The Dojo at Target is an immersive learning environment comprising a team of coaches with expertise in Product, Agile and Engineering dimensions. Teams within Target leverage dojo to learn and adopt right mindset, skills and practices.
The Sr Engineer (Software Engineering Coach) at Target Dojo is responsible for coaching one or more Product team(s) of full stack engineers that is building highly innovative and cutting-edge enterprise solutions on Target recommended Engineering practices and tools. You will will be challenged with an environment of continuous and fast paced learning of open sources tools/frameworks. You will be called upon to be the technical representative from Dojo for a given business function/portfolio during cross-team collaborative efforts and planning.
Success in this role will require strong and innovative approaches to problem solving, great technical leadership, ability to coach, influence, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, accountability and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail. Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change as per the business needs.
- Understand Target's long-term Technology roadmap, Architecture guidelines, Design principles
- Enable teams to determine the appropriate technology choices (including upgrade decisions, hosting decision) to best deliver business value keeping in mind availability, scalability and reliability of solution
- Drive best practices and ensure development of high-quality solutions/technologies through advocating for and ensuring Target standards for common assets and framework components
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment and accountable by working with engineers
- Advocate for and ensure standards around technologies, frameworks, design patterns, product and code quality processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Ensure all solutions/technologies adheres to all development & security standards
- Overall 5+ years full-stack Software development experience
- Minimum 3+ years of strong experience in Java Springboot
- Passion and Experienced in software engineering coaching
- Hand-on working knowledge of open source app-dev frameworks (contributions to them are a plus)
- Proficient in building high performing MicroServices/APIs for cloud deployments
- Expertise in 2 or more of the programming languages (preferably Java, Groovy)
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices
- Strong Experience with test-driven development, unit test automation practices
- Experience in working with atleast one cloud solution (Openstack or GCP)
- Team-orientated, passionate about coaching and developing others' skills and capabilities
- Experience with technologies like Java/Groovy, Junit/Spock, Kafka, Jmeter, Tomcat, Docker, Drone, Kubernetes, Openstack, GitHub, Postgres, Mongo
- Deep understanding and experience of Agile development processes and methodology
- Strong desire for staying current with new and evolving technologies, through self-learning
- 4 years degree in or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of engineering (software development) experience. Experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production.
- Experience in building/implementing high performance & scalable server-side applications
- Strong written and verbal communication with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
Eligible team members will receive market competitive package including competitive pay, health, accidental and life insurance coverage, gratuity and provident fund, training and development and other perks and benefits. Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
About Target® Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best - the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members' futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly
differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education®.
Get to know more about Target Dojo - https://dojo.target.com/
Back to top