Sr Engineer - Adaptive Web
About this Opportunity
We are looking for strong engineer who is agile enough to jump into most projects. Technologist with an ability to think outside the box and contribute above and beyond the code.
As a Digital Engineer at Target you will use your skills, experience and talent to be part of our amazing team. Here is what we are looking for in you:
- As a developer you will code anywhere in our technical stack, from Node.js to React.js. Deliver quality code both on front end and back end.
- As a software architect you will implement solid design patterns to our highly scalable web and mobile application
- You are expected to contribute to our overall online architecture
- As a technologist you are expected to become expert in your functional area
- You will work on continuous improvement projects within the team and mentor other engineers
- You will need to work closely with the product team and participate during grooming process.
- You will provide technical expertise to the product team, advise best practices and highlight any risk.
- You will own test cases and certify your code by providing unit test coverage.
- You will contribute to functional testing by writing browser automation code.
- You may provide hands on work to migrate code and data to release environments and execute release activities when needed
- BS degree in computer science or related technical field
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience in web technologies.
- Proficient in web frameworks like Backbone, Angular, Ember, React.js.
- Experience developing Adaptive or Responsive websites using UI technologies like html5, css3 and jQuery.
- Solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for large-scale distributed software systems
- Knowledge of software design patterns
- Proficient in any Unit testing framework
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience in agile software development.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate technical leadership.
- Strong analytical/troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Grunt and Gulp.js
- Experience with Node.js.
- Understanding of fundamental REST API concepts.
- Experience writing functional testing with any automation framework.
- Exposure to DevOps tools, processes, and culture.
- Awareness in working with Mobile technologies like React native.
- Awareness of new and emerging front-end technologies.
As part of Target adaptive team, you will shape how our guests interact with Target.com. You will be part of and own the future of Target.
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Technology Leadership Program
As part of the Technology Leadership Program, Ashley creates great programming tools and works on creating and perfecting Target’s text messaging API.
Back to top