Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation - and right now, we are up to big things.
We are looking for highly motivated engineering professionals. You will have the opportunity to design, develop and support innovative solutions across a variety of applications, platforms and environments, building tomorrow's technologies in the Target Properties product space supporting team members and other professionals in both Headquarters and external construction and vendor community.
• Design and develop software and systems on test driven development and continuous integration practices, unit testing and creating automated test scripts.
• Understanding of data models with sources from different data systems including relational databases.
• Collaborate with other engineers and partners to ensure development meets business needs.
• Follow industry standard agile software design methodology for development and technical documentation.
• Drive evaluation and learn new tools and technologies to keep technology stack modern as needed for the Product solution.
• 5+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production
• Proficiency in Java
• Strong problem solving and thought partnership skills
• Team attitude
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Strong sense of ownership and accountability, and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements.
• Experience developing high performing web-based applications using Java and other web development frameworks (Angular 2 or newer, Ionic, NodeJS, React).
• Experience developing RESTful services using the Spring Boot framework
• Experience in relational databases including data modeling and development of tables (preferably PostgreSQL)
• Experience working in an agile environment (i.e. writing user stories, iterative development, etc.)
• Working knowledge of test-driven development and software test automation.
Back to top