Sr DevOps Engineer - Customer Success - DevX
Description: Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people- to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Engineer in Developer Experience, you'll take the lead as you...
Serve as a specialist in the internal customer engineering teams that build platforms delivering world-class applications. You help develop and gain insight in the application and infrastructure architecture and participate in architectural changes to accelerate feature development and improve the quality, reliability and performance of services leveraging the mindset of a site reliability engineer. You can distill an abstract architecture into concrete design and influence the implementation. You show expertise in applying the appropriate software engineering patterns to build robust and scalable systems. You are an expert in programming and apply your skills in developing the customer application. You have the skills to design and implement the architecture on your own, but choose to influence your fellow engineers by proposing software designs, providing feedback on software designs and/or implementation. You show good problem-solving skills and can help the team in triaging operational issues. You leverage your expertise in eliminating repeat occurrences.
Use your technology acumen to apply and maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies within specialized area(s) of the technology domain. Evaluate new technologies and participate in decision-making, accounting for several factors such as viability within Target's technical environment, maintainability, and cost of ownership. Initiate and execute research and proof-of-concept activities for new technologies. Lead and conduct code review, design review, testing, and debugging activities at the application level. Lead functional design and architecture discussions with understanding of process flows and system diagrams to enable design decisions. Participate in non-routine construction, automation, and implementation activities, ensuring successful implementation with architectural and operational requirements and best practices met. Provide technical guidance and coach others to resolve complex technical issues. Contribute to disaster recovery planning. Enhance data quality protocols throughout data acquisition, processing, storage, and operational use. Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of combined experience in either or both
- software development experience with a passion for infrastructure
- infrastructure experience with development (coding) experience
- Demonstrates broad expertise in multiple computer languages and frameworks (e.g., open source)
- Understand and tune end-to-end functionality of a product line, platform, or infrastructure
- Delivers high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables with broad impact (high throughput and low latency)
- Communicates and coordinates with project team, partners, and stakeholders; builds strong commitment within the team to support the appropriate team priorities
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the impact of own work on the team, partner teams, internal customers and/or guests
- Demonstrates expertise in analysis and optimization of systems capacity, performance, and operational health
- Aggregates technical learnings into workbooks and shares knowledge broadly in both written and verbal forums
- Reviews and helps implement new testing methods and resolves routine and non-routine technical issues with minimal assistance
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Experience in building highly scalable distributed systems
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Back to top