Sr Design Researcher - Target Creative
- Minneapolis, MN
Description: Sr Design Researcher
Target is an iconic, beloved and well recognized brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world's most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
Target Creative is the in-house creative agency dedicated to bringing one of the world's most beloved and recognizable brands to life. Whether through design, marketing or brand work, we are the driving force behind delivering Target's dynamic, inventive and unmistakable storytelling to its massive global audience. Our mission is to inspire a sense of joy, wonder and excitement, and to take our guests-and ourselves-somewhere new. Never resting on past wins or settling for anything less than extraordinary, our origin story built us to thrive in the competitive and changing retail marketplace. We tell a compelling and cohesive brand story, maximizing our messages across multiple platforms-whether via a digital art gallery or a new $1 billion children's clothing brand. Operating as one fully integrated team in both the U.S. and overseas, Target Creative comprises the best and brightest talent to execute market-leading creative strategy, design, writing, video production, operations, digital, UX, social media and more. We leverage smart and rewarding external partnerships while closely aligning with our Target teams. Together, we tackle every creative challenge with our amplified strengths, ultimately bearing the groundbreaking creative work that helps make Target the decisive guest favorite, year after year.
We are looking for a passionate, guest-obsessed research and insights expert to join the Target Creative digital marketing team.
This person supports complex, connected, and innovative multi-channel projects and experiences. They play a key role in helping teams balance the guest, business and brand needs through research and collaborative efforts with multiple stakeholders including creative teams, merchandising, digital product owners, strategy and brand managers, and other research functions across the organization. As an advocate for the guest, they will be expected to frame behavioral findings into compelling insights and stories to establish guest empathy on project teams and drive effective changes.
A successful Senior Design Researcher at Target Creative is a curious problem solver, a design thinking advocate, an informed digital expert, a team player, an experience champion, a synthesizer and connector -all rolled into one.
- Help define research roadmap and identify possible research opportunities based on key partner priorities and business needs within the Target Creative team
- Lead research throughout the project life cycle - scope research objectives, design research approach and roadmap, facilitate research, conduct post-research synthesis and analysis
- Present findings to all relevant teams and partners, help teams define action-oriented solutions to research and/or summarize for visibility in order to inform future strategies
- Coordinate and collaborate with global partners in the Bangalore, India office, helping us achieve a successful global working model
- 5-8 years of market/consumer/design research experience in qualitative and design thinking research methods and their application to marketing and digital experiences
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Marketing insights in-house or agency work experience desired
- Proven strategic and creative thinker driven by human needs
- Collaborative working style necessary
- Ability to manage and execute multiple complex projects/partners through various stages and work with ambiguity and shifting priorities
- Comfort in working with tight budgets and conducting scrappy research
- Refined communication and presentation skills with an emphasis on storytelling
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Back to top