Sr. Data Engineer (BI) - OSA
Description: JOIN US AS A SR DATA ENGINEER (BI) - NEXT GEN ON-SHELF AVAILABILITY PRODUCT
About This Opportunity
Join Target's Data Sciences and Engineering team where you'll develop large scale BI/analytics products that help our digital marketing teams make data driven decisions and products at scale!
As a Senior Data (BI) Engineer at Target, you'll take the lead as you...
- Deliver technical data products, on time and with high quality that create significant impact to our business
- Analyze diverse business problems and design high quality and innovative solutions using Hadoop ecosystem for data products working in partnership with Technical Product Managers
- Lead technology discussions with business partners and other external parties
- Design for lean operations - our Data Engineering teams support the solutions they create
- Actively participate in product release cycles, stand up, design and code reviews
- Mentor and provide proactive technical oversight, advice development teams fostering re-use, design for scale, stability, and operational efficiency of data/analytical solutions
- Evaluate and recommend technology and frameworks for building cross product data assets to optimize for flexibility, long-term viability, and time to market
- Execute proof-of-concept activities to best understand what options solve the business problems and fit with other Target technical assets
- Keep current with technology and contribute towards IT blueprint, frameworks and technologies that would benefit us and improve our productivity as a team
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Stats, Data Analytics or relevant work experience
- 5 plus years of experience in hands on software development
- Expert designing data integrations using ETL and other data integration patterns
- 3 plus years of coding in Java, Scala and/or scripting in Python, Unix
- 3 plus years of Hadoop ecosystem experience on large, complex data products using Spark, Hive, MapReduce, Pig, SQOOP, HBase as well knowledge of Kafka streaming and consuming API's
- Exposure to DevOps development tool in production - Docker, Kubernetes, Drone and Jenkins
- RDBMS development experience with Teradata, Oracle SQL and PL/SQL, DB2, or PostgreSQL
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Back to top