Sr. Android Engineer
JOIN US AS A SENIOR ANDROID ENGINEER
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Mobile Developer, Android Developer
About This Opportunity
Target is one of the world’s most recognized brands and one of America’s leading retailers. Our guests love our commitment to continual innovation and right now, we are up to big things. At Target’s San Francisco Technology Innovation Center, we research, evaluate and test emerging technologies to accelerate innovation at Target. Our goal is to deliver Target’s unique brand promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones, and in the retail channels of the future.
The challenges and scale are big. You’ll have the opportunity to design, develop and support innovative solutions across a variety of applications, platforms and environments, building tomorrow’s technologies and capabilities from Social to Search, Promotions to Products and Content to Computer Vision. You’ll put your skills, experience and passion to work in an entrepreneurial environment and you’ll have the stability and the commitment of a Fortune 40 company at your back.
Use your skills, experience and creativity to bring groundbreaking thinking and a visionary approach to our high performance team.
As an Android Software Engineer/Senior Android Software Engineer – Mobile you will:
- Keep abreast of technology trends and advances in mobile and wearable technologies
- Research, evaluate and provide objective feedback on technologies
- Inform innovation design with relevant technology insights
- Develop fully functional prototypes to objectively test against hypotheses
- Be able to produce clear and concise technical deliverables for internal and external use
- Innovate constantly and maintain the technical edge
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent military or industry experience
- 4+ years of experience in software design & development
- 3+ years of experience developing apps for Android
- Experience with distributing mobile applications via public app stores and/or enterprise channels
- Excellent knowledge of working with dynamic data using services (e.g., JSON, XML, REST APIs etc)
- Experience performance profiling and tuning consumer facing mobile applications
- Excellent hands on skills with Android application development tools, including Android Studio, Android SDK and ADT
- Heroic get-it-done self-starter attitude
- Good communicator and team player with strong organizational skills
- Proactively helps drive innovation within the company
- Experience integrating with Maven and using other third party frameworks tools and SDKs, such as Volley, Picasso and Stripe
- Experience with continuous delivery in mobile, including Test- or Behavior-Driven Design, code review, static analysis, continuous integration, automation and functional testing.
- Experience integrating social media platforms, including Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Experience with authenticated sessions using OAuth and authentication tokens
- Experience with iOS development
- Experience developing highly successful apps that enjoy wide scale distribution
- Experience building native apps and hybrid apps
- Experience with design/development/use of analytics and tracking solutions (e.g., Signal, Flurry, Google Analytics)
- Experience with agile methodology
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Technology Leadership Program
As part of the Technology Leadership Program, Ashley creates great programming tools and works on creating and perfecting Target’s text messaging API.
Back to top