Senior UI Engineer - Merchandising PD&D
Description: Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. Our guests love our commitment to continual innovation and right now, we are up to big things. Our goal is to deliver Target's unique brand promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones, and in the retail channels of the future.
The SPARK product team in Merch Product Design and Development is building world class Product Life-cycle Management - PLM system for owned brand products of Target. We architect SPARK system to build collaborative platform for Target internal designers and Business Partners to develop new owned brand products from initiate phase to complete technical specification with highly visual and front-end rich user-interfaces. SPARK supports massive scale; design UI component libraries and abstractions to make our jobs easier; embrace modern web development practices and tools to ensure consistency, stability, and performance; and are fully responsible for the SPARK web stack. We realize successes through our strong engineering culture and delighting our users with great web experiences.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
- Lead and work as part of a team to help ensure the timely delivery of high quality, secure, standards-compliant, accessible and browser compatible interactive projects
- Strategize, define, and implement team processes, policies, procedures and best practices
- Engage and collaborate with server side development, UX, project management and international teams
- Implement design patterns to enhance our highly scalable web application.
- Contribute to the design of our full system architecture.
- Engage in continuous improvement projects within the team and mentor other engineers.
- Contribute unit and functional tests to certify your work is good.
- Provide technical expertise to product teams, advising best practices and highlighting risks.
- 4 year CS degree or equivalent degree or experience
- 5+ years of interactive development work experience
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Familiarity with build tools such as webpack, Rollup, gulp, and Grunt.
- Computer Science foundational knowledge including competencies working with design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- Experience automated testing and proficient with a testing framework (e.g. Jest, Mocha, Cypress).
- Experience working with a source versioning tool, such as Git.
- Experience working as a member of an Agile software development team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills demonstrating technical leadership.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience building accessible websites.
- Experience working on project facilitating true CI and CD.
- Exposure to DevOps tools, processes, and culture (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Drone, Git, etc.).
- Awareness of new and emerging technologies.
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Systems Analyst/Engineer, Senior Programmer/Analyst
Back to top