Senior UI Engineer- Guest Experience Management
Description: bout us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As a Senior Engineer, you serve as a specialist in the engineering team that supports the product. You help develop and gain insight in the application architecture. You can distill an abstract architecture into concrete design and influence the implementation. You show expertise in applying the appropriate software engineering patterns to build robust and scalable systems. You are an expert in programming and apply your skills in developing the product. You have the skills to design and implement the architecture on your own, but choose to influence your fellow engineers by proposing software designs, providing feedback on software designs and/or implementation. You show good problem solving skills and can help the team in triaging operational issues. You leverage your expertise in eliminating repeat occurrences.
The Guest Experience Management team owns some of the critical services that drive our digital experiences, including site taxonomy, product attribution, management of product recommendations and search relevancy. These services are brought together by a business-facing UI that empowers Target's digital merchandising organization to plan, place and sell products on Target.com in a way that increases top-line sales. Be a part of a team that values code quality, code transparency, best practices, test-driven development and works in a fast-paced agile environment.
• 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• Demonstrates strong domain-specific knowledge regarding Target's technology capabilities, and key competitors' products and differentiating features
• Shows commitment to test-driven approaches and writing code with solid test coverage
• Demonstrates strong proficiency in core development platforms within own domain
• Builds strong commitment within the team to support the appropriate team priorities
• Clearly communicates Agile concepts to partners within product team
• Demonstrates a solid understanding of the impact of own work on the team and/or guests
• Writes and organizes code using multiple computer languages, including distributed programming and understand different frameworks and paradigms
• Delivers high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables with broad impact (high throughput and low latency)
• Influences and applies data standards, policies, and procedures
• Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
• Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Meet Some of Target's Employees
JordikaiTech Leadership Program Trainee, TLP
Jordikai is currently participating in Target’s Technology Leadership Program, meaning she spends approximately a year embedded in multiple engineering teams across the technology enterprise, prior to joining one on a permanent basis.
Back to top