Senior Engineer - Product Intelligence
Description: About us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
The Product Intelligence team is looking for a motivated engineer to join our team and help to build an industry-leading security measurement platform. As a member of this high performing team, you'll use Agile and DevOps delivery methods to improve the security health of applications. Our team is focused on innovation, fast problem-solving and a culture of inclusion.
As a Senior Engineer on the Information Security-Product Intelligence Team, you will help ensure Target's applications are built securely by :
- Developing and enhancing metrics to measure security health of applications
- Leveraging and contributing back to OpenSource/InnerSource code
- Interacting with customers to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Researching products and making necessary software recommendations
- Innovating constantly and continuing to learn new tools and technologies
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 2-7 years total work experience
- Strong problem solving skills and sense of ownership
- Team-focused attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience developing metrics/measurements
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD, test-driven development
- Experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
Back to top