Senior Engineer - Java/Record to Report
JOIN US AS AN ENGINEER
As a Senior Java Engineer on the Record to Report team, you will design and develop high quality integrations of near real time messaging and services using low cost commodity hardware, open source software components, and automation through continuous integration/continuous deployments. The Record to Report team processes numerous inputs from various sources, and transmits them to SAP for processing.
The main role of the Senior Java Engineer will be supporting the development of components of the Integration Tier leveraging open source technologies such as Camel, Kafka, Cassandra, Spring Framework, and working with components of the Open Stack Platform. Previous experience using Chef, Jenkins, and GitHub supporting a CI/CD development framework in an agile development model is desirable.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Senior Engineer, you'll take the lead as you…
- Develop software and systems on test driven development and continuous integration practices.
- Unit test code and create automated test scripts
- Work closely with other engineers and partners to ensure development meets business needs
- Follow industry standard agile software design methodology for development and technical documentation
- Research related products and make necessary software recommendations
- Innovate constantly and maintain the technical edge
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Has in-depth knowledge of engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, and debugging problems as required by domain
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Strong problem solving and thought: partnership skills
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements
- Team attitude
Good verbal and written communication skills DESIRED REQUIREMENTS
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Working with test-driven development and software test automation
- Experience working with NoSQL databases, such as Cassandra
- Experience working with tools, such as Chef, Docker, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience working with Apache Camel and Spring Framework
- Experience working with real-time messaging technologies, such as Apache Kafka
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Technology Leadership Program
As part of the Technology Leadership Program, Ashley creates great programming tools and works on creating and perfecting Target’s text messaging API.
Back to top