Senior Engineer - Java/Price
JOIN US AS AN ENGINEER
Target is one of the world's mostrecognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. But behind the brandour guests love, is a culture of continual innovation – and right now, we areup to big things. The Target Technology Team is driving a transformation inretail, one that will move us from "brick-and-mortar and online" to"bricks-and-mortar and everywhere else." Our goal is to deliver Target's unique"Expect More. Pay Less." promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop,today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones, and in theretail channels of the future.
You can be a part of developing andlaunching new services that power all the channels where Target does and willdo business – in-store, web, tablet, mobile, and future channels. You'll havethe opportunity to design, develop and support innovative solutions across avariety of applications, platforms and environments, building tomorrow'stechnologies in Search, Browse, Product Info, Promotions, Content and Checkout.You'll put your skills, experience and passion to work in an entrepreneurialenvironment where success is rewarded.
We are looking for highly motivatedengineering professionals who can connect the in-store experience to thedigital environment by creating scalable and seamless multi-channel experienceswithout losing the brand we are known for. Individuals in this rolewill have opportunities to gain a large breadth of knowledge by working withexperts in the eCommerce, multichannel retail, product management and softwareengineering fields.
About This Opportunity
As an engineer, you are a softwaredeveloper with an entrepreneurial streak. You will build great products -ready to do whatever it takes to build scalable guest focused, world class eCommerceapplications for the Engineer. You have good problem solvingskills. You love keeping abreast of the latest industry trends and usethem to help you innovate. You have leadership qualities, good judgment,clear communication skills.
Use your skills, experience andtalents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. Asan Engineer, you'll take the lead as you…
- Develop software and systems on test driven development and continuous integration practices.
- Unit test code and create automated test scripts
- Work closely with other engineers and partners to ensure development meets business needs
- Follow industry standard agile software design methodology for development and technical documentation
- Research related products and make necessary software recommendations
- Innovate constantly and maintain the technical edge
- 3+ years of software development experience withat least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production
- Strong problem solving and thought: partnershipskills
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to workwith a limited set of requirements
- Team attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- eCommerce experience with a track record ofinnovation
- Extensive experience working in an agileenvironment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Working with test-driven development and softwaretest automation
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Technology Leadership Program
As part of the Technology Leadership Program, Ashley creates great programming tools and works on creating and perfecting Target’s text messaging API.
Back to top