Senior Engineer - Java/Package
JOIN US AS AN ENGINEER
Target is one of the world’s most recognized brands and one of America’s leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation – and right now, we are up to big things. The Target Technology Team is driving a transformation in retail, one that will move us from “brick-and-mortar and online” to “bricks-and-mortar and everywhere else.” Our goal is to deliver Target’s unique “Expect More. Pay Less.” promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones, and in the retail channels of the future.
The Corporate Systems Finance Record to Report team deliver solutions that support Enterprise Tax solutions, timely and accurate financial goals, plans and actual results, ensure secure SOX compliant environment that drives operational efficiency and improves system landscape by simplifying the critical applications with the product.
About This Opportunity
As an engineer, you are a software developer with an entrepreneurial streak. You will build great products and must have good problem solving skills. You love keeping abreast of the latest industry trends and use them to help you innovate. You have leadership qualities, good judgment, clear communication skills.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As an Engineer, you’ll take the lead as you…
- Develop software and systems on test driven development and continuous integration practices.
- Unit test code and create automated test scripts
- Work closely with other engineers and partners to ensure development meets business needs
- Follow industry standard agile software design methodology for development and technical documentation
- Research related products and make necessary software recommendations
- Innovate constantly and maintain the technical edge
- 5+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production
- Strong problem solving and thought: partnership skills
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements
- Team attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience supporting and enhancing JAVA based packages (i.e. Vertex / HFM ) and SAAS solutions (i.e. ReconNET / Concur).
- Working knowledge of integration and reporting technologies
- Identify opportunities to modernize current technology stack and patterns. Support and strive for continuous improvement of the solution.
- Code, implement CI/CD framework, automate test scripts, and develop a standardized integration tier.
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Working with test-driven development and software test automation
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Technology Leadership Program
As part of the Technology Leadership Program, Ashley creates great programming tools and works on creating and perfecting Target’s text messaging API.
Back to top