Senior Engineer - Java / APIs & Tools
JOIN US AS AN ENGINEER
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation – and right now, we are up to big things. The Target Technology Team is driving a transformation in retail, one that will move us from "brick-and-mortar and online" to "bricks-and-mortar and everywhere else." Our goal is to deliver Target's unique "Expect More. Pay Less." promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones, and in the retail channels of the future.
We are looking for highly motivated engineering professionals who can connect the in-store experience to the digital environment by creating scalable and seamless multi-channel experiences without losing the brand we are known for. Individuals in this role will have opportunities to gain a large breadth of knowledge by working with experts in the eCommerce, multichannel retail, product management and software engineering fields.
About This Opportunity
As an engineer, you are a software developer with an entrepreneurial streak. You have good problem solving skills. You love keeping abreast of the latest industry trends and use them to help you innovate. You have leadership qualities, good judgment, clear communication skills.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As an Engineer, you'll take the lead as you…
- Build CI and CD pipelines for enterprise-wide usage
- Support developers across Target to make engineering awesome
- Participate in construction activities ensuring architectural and operational requirements are met
- Utilize standard enterprise tools to develop or implement infrastructure tools and other technical components
- Resolve operational, infrastructure and application incidents
- Provides preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and quickly resolves problems to ensure infrastructure and application stability
- Collaborate with team to promote re-use and develop consistent technical build, implementation and support processes
- Participate in an Agile team leveraging Product management
- Participate in the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of products, applications and infrastructure services
- 3+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production
- Strong problem solving and thought: partnership skills
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements
- Team attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience utilizing tools like Chef, Artifactory, Jenkins, and Drone
- Hands on experience coding in Java and building/structuring RESTful web services
- Additional experience in Kubernetes or Docker, Spinnaker, and cloud environments a major plus
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Working with test-driven development and software test automation
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Technology Leadership Program
As part of the Technology Leadership Program, Ashley creates great programming tools and works on creating and perfecting Target’s text messaging API.
Back to top