Senior Communications Business Partner - Food & Beverage
- Minneapolis, MN
Description: Senior Communications Business Partner
Date: September 2020
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
A role with Target Communications means a chance to continuously improve the quality, relevance, creativity and authenticity of both internal and external storytelling. Bring your skills as a bold and forward-thinking professional communicator who thrives on building confidence, driving brand love and creating value. Here, you'll shine as a relationship-focused pro who's strategically minded, an expert executor and an articulate brand ambassador. Rise to the challenge of driving results with smart risk-taking, constant innovation and perpetual teaching and learning. Comprised of Public Relations, Public Affairs, Crisis Management and Internal Enterprise Communications, this team strengthens and protects Target's reputation and helps drive traffic, sales and guest loyalty. You'll develop deep relationships with business partners to ensure critical information flows through multiple channels, building confidence with team members and external stakeholders and strengthening Target's position within the competitive retail marketplace.
As a Senior Communications Business Partner in Communications, you will support the Food & Beverage organization and lead internal and external positioning for the category, along with support of and connection to other Merchandising initiatives. You will develop communications strategies to support the business and executive leadership and be accountable for partnering across the organization to bring communications plan to life.
In this position you will play a leading role in driving Target's business narrative for Food & Beverage with plans that integrate and complement our multi-category portfolio and support our robust assortment of owned and national brands. You will ensure we are sharing compelling, relevant stories across the business both internally with the Target team and externally with leading media and key stakeholders. Your job is to ensure we are communicating the strength of our Food & Beverage strategy in support of the overall business.
Additionally, you will lead executive communications plans for Food & Beverage and support executive leadership for key company meetings and external speaking, developing and writing communications and speeches. You will collaborate closely alongside Communications team members and other partners across Target to build cohesive, consistent and complementary storytelling while promoting and protecting Target's reputation.
Looking ahead, your charge is to continually assess, refine and elevate communications efforts and determine new and exciting ways to engage key audiences.
- Deep desire to collaborate and remain open to learning and considering new ways of advancing communications efforts
- Ability to collaborate with peers and influence direction
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams (multiple disciplines, different expertise) in complex and ambiguous projects
- Creative mind, a practical outlook and unwavering ability to remain nimble and focused
- Superb organizational skills and a keen attention to detail
- Ability to establish a clear vision and marshal teams to bring it to life
- Ability to craft a range of communications with a focus on clear and compelling storytelling
- Executive presence and experience coaching/counseling C-level leaders
- Proven ability to engage media to promote and protect reputation
- Strong business acumen with a curiosity to understand what other companies are doing and a desire to apply those insights and best practices to our own work
- Ability to bring an informed point of view and translate strategy into action and measurable results
- Experience overseeing all aspects of an agency management (talent, SOWs, budgets, feedback)
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience, preferably including experience working at an agency and in a corporate environment
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Back to top