Principal Enterprise API Architect
Join us as a Principle Enterprise API Architect
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Enterprise Architect, Digital Architect, Mobile Architect, Web Architect
About This Opportunity
In large complicated, fast moving environments, enterprise architects focus on the technology strategy for the enterprise and enabling engineering teams to move fast with few roadblocks. Enterprise Architects analyze business capabilities and future needs to ensure that Target systems will effectively meet the business needs. They drive long-range application and technology planning efforts, identifying dependencies and leading resolution of issues across architecture disciplines. Enterprise Architects lead the creation of standards and ensure adoption. EAs cut through politics and bureaucracy and allow engineering teams to make the correct technical decision, not the expedient solutions. In this role, the EA will design, secure, and implement Target’s public API surface. As a Principle API Architect, you’ll take the lead as you…
- Creating a culture and environment that encourages necessary innovations while also placing a premium on flexible API based systems to encourage and enable test and learn capabilities throughout the enterprise.
- Acting like a consumer and tightening the consumer feedback loop by facilitating feedback sessions with target API consumers as part of the API design process
- Understanding the business vision, value for a well-scoped business domain, and translating it to a great API Design
- Responsible for conception of solutions, building consensus and the selling of such solutions to executive-level leadership (CIO DRs and DMG).
- Working with API Developers to navigate and overcome the constraints of the legacy architecture
- Leads the development of architecture principles, standards and best practices and patterns for modern API design and Developer Experience
- Leads efforts to drive major changes in standards for the most strategic APIs and technologies.
- Introducing modern API tooling and design practices into the Enterprise
- Works with other internal organizations to publish strategies on a vision of how Target can take advantage of innovative technologies and exploit their potential to support its goals.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- May require advanced degree
- 10+ years total experience
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education.
- Possess an understanding of systems programming, graphical user interfaces and control languages.
- Proven track record of designing and delivering successful API surfaces for large enterprises.
- Significant business knowledge and have five or more areas of technical expertise.
- Ability to convey technical solutions clearly to the entire organization.
- 2+ years of retail or ecommerce experience
- Experience describing work as objectives and measures, and then implementing those measures!
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Technology Leadership Program
As part of the Technology Leadership Program, Ashley creates great programming tools and works on creating and perfecting Target’s text messaging API.
Back to top