Principal Engineer - Big Data Platforms
Description: JOIN US AS A PRINCIPAL DATA ENGINEER - Big Data Platforms
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Database Engineer, Product Engineer, Solutions Engineer
About This Opportunity
Target's Big Data team is looking for experienced, passionate and talented engineers to innovate in the rapidly growing area of big data and integrate the latest in big data technology into a massively scaled distributed environment.
The Principal Data Engineer is responsible for the development architecture and implementation, enhancements and troubleshooting for Big Data Platforms (Hadoop, Druid, Elastic etc.). You'll be architecting our core data infrastructure and pipelines using technologies and tools tailored for massive data sets including Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Druid, Elastic and other open source big data technologies. Also responsible for analyzing, designing, programing, debugging and modifying software enhancements and/or new products used in distributed, large scale analytics solutions.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Principal Data Engineer, you'll take the lead as you...
- Manage in the definition of software architecture to ensure that the online organization's software solutions are built within a consistent framework
- Manage in the decision-making process related to the selection of software architecture solutions
- Design and develop architectures to handle web-scale data and its organization Provide consultation and lead implementation of ideas on complex programs
- Review approves specifications to ensure consistency in approach and use
- Serve as a technical and business-savvy resource to software engineering personnel on a range of software design issues
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to other Engineers on the team
- 10+ years' experience in developing software applications including: analysis, design, coding, testing, deploying and supporting of applications
- Experience in software development of large-scale distributed systems including proven track record of delivering backend systems that participate in a complex ecosystem
- Experience in data related technologies and open source frameworks preferred
- MS degree or PhD degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or area of study related to data sciences and data mining
- Proficient in application/software architecture (Definition, Business Process Modeling, etc.)
- Understand application/software development and design.
- Collaborative personality, able to engage in interactive discussions with the rest of the team
- Inquisitive on Big Data technology; current on new ideas and tools
Back to top