Principal AI Engineer - Pricing
Description: Join the AI team at Target. Here we employ cutting edge technologies to help Target meaningfully engage with guests and make intelligent business decisions. AI Engineers work hand in glove with AI Scientists, continuously innovating to harness valuable insights from voluminous data. You will work in an environment that provides the freedom and agility of a startup, with the security and vast resources of a large established company.
As a Principal AI Engineer, you will be expected to design and architect high quality, flexible, manageable and performant systems and services. You will architect solutions that will capture, manage, process and serve small to voluminous data at scale. You will work with business partners to provide technical solutions for business problems. Responsibilities will include analyzing, designing, programming, testing, debugging, modifying software for existing and new products used in distributed, large scale analytics solutions.
Our Pricing team's charter is to develop state-of-the-art techniques to price for the various items carried by Target across multiple channels and locations. This involves building solutions to maximizing revenue based on elasticity of guest demand. As a key engineer in this space, you will drive the implementation and deployment of solutions that solve this important challenge for Target. You will partner closely with business partners and other AI teams to build innovative solutions and continue to drive our pricing team forward from a technical perspective.
We are looking for a highly-motivated engineering professional who will partner with scientists, product owners and management at one end, and lead and motivate agile development teams on the other.
- Lead decision-making process for selection of software products and architecture solutions
- Partner with Scientists to develop state of the art mathematical models
- Develop software systems using test driven development employing continuous integration practices
- Collaborate with other technical and business teams and mentor engineers
- Follow agile methodology for software development and technical documentation
- Innovate constantly and keep systems up to date with current technologies
- 7+ years of experience in developing code for production or equivalent experience
- Highly proficient in one or more of C++, Java, Scala, Python or equivalent programming language
- Deployed large scale computer systems having business impact
- Deep understanding of advanced data structures and algorithms
- Familiarity of linear algebra, statistics, information theory or related mathematical domains
- Understand deep learning, dynamic programming, reinforcement learning or related areas
- Ability to develop and execute processes for complete CI/CD pipeline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 10+ years' experience in developing and delivering software applications
- 3+ years' experience working on Bigdata technologies. Preferred experience with Spark, Druid, Hive, Hadoop and any data streaming technology.
- MS degree or PhD degree in Computer Science or area of study related to data sciences and data mining
- Proficient in application/software architecture (Definition, Business Process Modeling, etc.)
- Understand application/software development and delivery processes.
- Collaborative personality, able to engage in interactive discussions with the rest of the team
- Inquisitive about Big Data technology and current on new ideas and tools
Why work with us at Target?
- We are using great tools. Not only are we using programming languages like Haskell, Rust, Scala, and Python, but we are also using modern tooling and infrastructure like Nix, Kubernetes, and Kafka.
- We love open source! Many of our team member's contribute to open source communities and get to do it during work time. We try to contribute back to our communities where we can and are grateful to be able to open source some of our own projects!
- We value diversity. We believe that diversity and inclusion is of core importance when try to create positive in-store experiences for our guests, and we think it is also critically important when building our teams. Read more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion
- We value our team members. We treat out team members like people, not like cogs in a machine. We value our team members for who they are, not just what they can get done. We are parents, hobbyists, enthusiasts, family members, and community members, and can offer flexibility to our team members' schedules and work arrangements so that they can flourish both inside and outside of work.
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Back to top