Network Engineer - LAN (Development/Automation)
Description: About us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
JOIN US AS A NETWORK ENGINEER - LAN About This Opportunity
Join our Connectivity Engineering team and build world class technology solutions. Our team is looking for an innovative and results focused engineer to help us develop the next generation of LAN connectivity for the enterprise. This position focuses on programmatic methods for deployment and management of our infrastructure and services (NetDevOps), developing and implementing a LAN strategy, and ensuring operating efficiencies across the environment through automation. This includes development, deployment, and management work for 10's of thousands LAN switching platforms. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple teams, architects and leaders to ensure the systems will enable the future of edge access for our Guests and Team Members.
Use and enhance your skills, experience and talents as part of an innovative and visionary team. As an Engineer, you'll...
- Participate in construction, automation, and implementation activities ensuring successful implementation while meeting architectural and operational requirements
- Apply experiences to build and improve automation of LAN switch implementation and management practices, including CI/CD enablement
- Transform management/monitoring solutions using a combination of packaged and open source tech to provide improved health and status visibility
- Contribute to roadmaps and standards for the LAN switching platforms and related technologies
- Participate in preventative maintenance strategies, troubleshooting and aid in quickly resolving problems to ensure infrastructure and app stability
- Work with multiple teams, leaders and architects to ensure systems are aligned with overall IT policies and architectural standards
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years total work experience
- Has knowledge of state-of-the art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required by domain
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Experience automating in Python, Ansible using API (RESTCONF) and CLI
- Experience utilizing CI/CD technologies (Git, Chef, Jenkins, Drone, Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes, Spinnaker)
- Working knowledge of monitoring and analytics tools (Sensu, ELK, Telegraf/Influx, Grafana)
- Experience creating secure infrastructure through automation
- Hands-On experience managing large LAN environments (e.g. CCNP/CCIE)
- Experience working in a DevOps/Agile environment
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Roberto is a Lead Software Engineer in the application development space for Target. He leverages the Java stack to build scalable systems and ensures that Target’s product teams are using continuous integration to deliver high-quality applications.
Back to top