Media Analyst, Ad Operations
Description: Ad Operations Analyst
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers. Fueling the continued success of one of the world's most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
As an AdOperations Analyst, you will leverage your position as a subject matter expert in digital ad operations to meet the needs of brand category marketing and Target Media Network (TMN) digital businesses.
This position is responsible for executing exceptional ad operation practices to launch digital campaigns (Ad Manager and Campaign Manager). You will focus on flawless execution, maintaining the Ad Ops standards we set for Target. You will participate and enforce key business enhancements in relation to tagging, trafficking, creative rotation, dynamic capabilities, third-party verification and compliance and all other ad ops related functions. This vital role will lead workflow automation development to continuously evolve our ad operations practice and ensure stringent compliance and enhanced productivity and efficiencies. The ideal candidate for this role will have vast experience in ad operations with track record for executing a multitude of various campaign types, including both scale and complexity.
The candidate for this role must have a data-driven approach and an eye toward technological advancements that will make Target first-to-market in the digital media space. You will focus on efficiencies through automation in order to ensure goals are consistently achieved. An ability to multi-task with an eye for detail is a must.
Serve as an Ad ops expert owning the set-up, management, and execution of several of our top accounts, while maintaining a high quality standard for the Advertising Operations
- Work closely with different teams, like Media Strategy, Account Management, Sales etc.
- Anticipate and identify issues with campaigns and ad-creative set-up, and provide troubleshooting support for trafficking issues related to creative, trafficking tags, etc.
- QC Media Plan set-up, and process ad trafficking requests accurately and efficiently, including:
- QA of trafficking sheets (identification and remediation of issues)
- Upload creative files into the ad server
- Assign creative to appropriate placements as detailed in the trafficking sheet
- Implement business rules as instructed in the trafficking sheet
- Implementation of additional ad tracking code (e.g. verification, MOATs etc.)
- Generation and testing of Ad tags
- QA tags and trackers (identification and remediation of issues)
- Possess a professional degree, preferably M.B.A/ B.Tech from a top-tier university or equivalent
- 3+ years' experience in digital ad operations and/or digital compliance
- Complete understanding and familiarity of tools in digital ecosystem (DSPs, DMPs, Ad servers, etc.)
- Experience in digital ad operations, account management or technical support
- Experience with a wide variety of creative/ad serving vendors (e.g. DCM, Sizmek, Celtra, etc.)
- Experience with multiple third-party verification partners such as Moat, IAS, Double Verify, White Ops
- Experience with various third party tag specs including brand studies, DMPs, etc.
- Experience with troubleshooting discrepancies, creative tag setup issues, delivery issues and other issues from a technical support perspective
- Highly self-motivated and well-organized with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency and demonstrates initiative
- High degree of professionalism and high sensitivity for confidentiality
- Proven ability to collaborate across teams within an organization
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
Back to top