Leadership Development Rotational Program Intern, Merchandise & Product Assortment Track
- Minneapolis, MN
Description: Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. And the only constant in retail? Change. Our business is constantly evolving, using big ideas to solve complex problems.
The Leadership Development Rotational Program (LDRP) is a 2-year rotational program and development curriculum designed to pro vide a set of experiences to build enterprise empathy by learning in business functions outside the traditional career path, developing cross functional influence by driving meaningful outcomes, and deepening leadership experiences to accelerate the development of future leaders. Within this program, your experiences could span Merchandising, Finance, Digital and Stores.
The retail landscape is evolving and Target is an industry leader through the development of its team members. Within in the Leadership Development Rotational Program - Merchandise and Product Assortment track, you will gain skills to lead teams in developing and executing guest-centric end-to-end product strategies that are backed with external market/trend and financial considerations and knowledge. As an intern candidate for this program, y ou'll experience a realistic job preview into life as a Sr Buyer - a key role in Merchandise and Product Assortment track .
This internship associated with the Leadership Development Rotational Program is a 10-week, project based program where you will make an impact by collaborating cross functionally, as you enjoy the support and freedom to explore how to grow Target's business in new and different ways. You'll have the opportunity to peek behind the curtains to see many aspects of Target Merchandising such as product development, packaging innovation, multicultural marketing, private label development, and import and sourcing initiatives. Take a deep dive into the role by participating in the day-to-day activities of a Sr Buyer, developing business strategies, marketing plans and merchandise assortments to drive profitable sales. Experience how our Merchandising teams make key financial decisions for their businesses that provide our guests with great value, quality and style.
Outside of your day-to-day work as an intern, you will be immersed in events and a development curriculum with your cohort of intern peers that will deepen your ability to be a successful, inclusive and cross-functional leader. Events and development highlights include:
- Store and Distribution Center tours to gain a cross pyramid perspective
- Structured mentorship inclusive of a peer mentor and a senior leader mentor from your respective track
- Speaker Series with SVP and C-Suite leadership
- Development series that focuses on inclusive leadership, empathy, storytelling and coaching others
- Currently enrolled in year one of MBA program with concentrations in marketing, brand management and strategy strongly preferred
- 4 to 6 years of previous work experience prior to MBA
- Strong strategic, analytical and decision-making skills to grow a business
- Outstanding collaboration and relationship-building aptitude with internal and external stakeholders. Ability to empathize with peers and partners
- Ability to prioritize among competing deliverables and collaborate with and influence a broad group of partners and stakeholders
- Superior leadership skills with enthusiasm, initiative and a passion for results
- Flexibility, resiliency and nimbleness; comfortable working in 'grey areas' that are constantly changing
- Desire to build a multi-disciplinary career
Interested in this internship? We strongly encourage you to apply to our virtual MBA Leadership Seminar on January 28 th -29 th . This is an exclusive invite-only developmental experience allowing you to immerse yourself within Target's retail strategies. Through guided discussion and hands-on workshops with industry leading professionals, this event will provide attendees with practical skill development, insight into how Target develops future leaders through our rotational programs, and learn how to be a front-runner in our interviews.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Back to top