Leadership Development Rotational Program Intern, Finance & Business Planning Track
- Minneapolis, MN
Description: Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. And the only constant in retail? Change. Our business is constantly evolving, using big ideas to solve complex problems.
T arget's Leadership Development Rotational Program (LDRP) is a 2-year rotational program and development curriculum designed to provide a set of exp eriences to build enterprise empathy by learning in business functions outside the traditional career path, developing cross functional influence by driving meaningful outcomes, and deepening leadership experiences to accelerate the development of future leaders. Within this program, your experiences could span Finance, Merchandising, Digital and Stores .
T he internship associated with Leadership Development Rotational Program is a 10-week, project-based program where you'll act as a financial and analytical consultant and business partner. You will complete a project that will provide critical insights into our business and culminate your summer experience by presenting your results to leaders in your department.
The retail landscape is evolving and Target is an industry leader through the development of its team members. Within the Leadership Rotational Program - Finance and B usiness Planning track, you will gain broad exposure with a focus on driving business decisions through deep data analysis, understanding the broader business context and storytelling to help Target make strong decisions for our P+L. As an intern candidate for this program, you'll experience a realistic job preview into life as a Sr Manager in Finance or Sr Merchandise Planner - key roles in the Finance and Business Planning track.
Here is an additional snapshot of a few of the unique things this internship has to offer:
- You'll gain valuable insight into the day-to-day workings of the F inance or P lanning by collaborating cross functionally, and u tilizing forward-thinking solutions and innovative approaches.
- Tackle some of the company's most strategic priorities and pressing financial questions .
- Experience a day in the life of a financial consultant through a "Key Experience" where you will shadow, drive and present your findings to leadership.
- Understand the cross functional partnerships, financial acumen and strategy that goes into owning a business P&L.
Outside of your day-to-day work as an intern, you will be immersed in events and a development curriculum with your cohort of intern peers that will deepen your ability to be a successful, inclusive and cross-functional leader. Events and development highlights include:
- Store and Distribution Center tours to gain a cross pyramid perspective
- Structured mentorship inclusive of a peer mentor and a senior leader mentor from your respective track
- Speaker Series with SVP and C-Suite leadership
- Development series that focuses on inclusive leadership, empathy, story telling and coaching others
- C urrently enrolled in year one of a n MBA program
- C oncentrations in finance, economics, management and strategy strongly preferred
- 4-6+ years of work experience prior to gaining MBA
- Strong analytical, decision-making, project management and organizational skills
- Outstanding communication and relationship-building aptitude with the ability to empathize with peers and partners
- Creative problem-solving and risk-taking skills
- Superior leadership skills with enthusiasm, initiative and a passion for results
- Desire to build a multi-disciplinary career
- Flexibility, resiliency and nimbleness; comfortable working in 'grey areas' that are constantly changing
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Back to top