Lead SAP HANA Administrator
The HANA Administrator’s role is to Configure, Administer, Monitor, Security Management, Performance Tune,
Backup/Restore and troubleshoot the HANA platform through implementation of best practices.
- Responsible for Installation, Upgrade and Configuration of Hana software.
- Support HANA database and hardware migrations
- Responsible for creation of SAP Hana database instances.
- Responsible for configuring backup/restore utilities and executing disaster recovery policies and procedures.
- Responsible for setting up effective monitoring for alerts and capacity analysis.
- Support HANA platform tuning opportunities per SAPs best practice to insure optimal performance and resource utilization.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating documentation necessary to support the database operations by the DBA team.
- Responsible for enforcing Enterprise security policies and procedures on databases
- Responsible for refreshing non-production environments
- Maintain solid working knowledge of the application functionality of existing Hana platforms and future enhancements.
- Provide 24 × 7 on call support as part of a scheduled rotation with other team members.
- Understand and implement workload management processes
- Support/recommend reporting, query and analysis tools ensuring efficient database utilization
- Interface with infrastructure teams on implementing HANA database requirements and configuration
- Interface with developers and modelers to support new HANA models
- Perform scheduled database maintenance
- Stay current with new database technology developments and techniques, research and understand new HANA revision features
- Proficient in the use of methodologies supported by SAP best practices.
- Must have desire to learn and support big data technologies like IQ and Hadoop
- Experience in other SAP supported databases like Oracle is a bonus
- Proficient in working in Linux server environments
- Understanding of Agile principles and process
Back to top