Lead SAP HANA Administrator
The HANA Administrator’s role is to Configure, Administer, Monitor, Security Management, Performance Tune,
Backup/Restore and troubleshoot the HANA platform through implementation of best practices.
- Responsible for Installation, Upgrade and Configuration of Hana software.
- Support HANA database and hardware migrations
- Responsible for creation of SAP Hana database instances.
- Responsible for configuring backup/restore utilities and executing disaster recovery policies and procedures.
- Responsible for setting up effective monitoring for alerts and capacity analysis.
- Support HANA platform tuning opportunities per SAPs best practice to insure optimal performance and resource utilization.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating documentation necessary to support the database operations by the DBA team.
- Responsible for enforcing Enterprise security policies and procedures on databases
- Responsible for refreshing non-production environments
- Maintain solid working knowledge of the application functionality of existing Hana platforms and future enhancements.
- Provide 24 × 7 on call support as part of a scheduled rotation with other team members.
- Understand and implement workload management processes
- Support/recommend reporting, query and analysis tools ensuring efficient database utilization
- Interface with infrastructure teams on implementing HANA database requirements and configuration
- Interface with developers and modelers to support new HANA models
- Perform scheduled database maintenance
- Stay current with new database technology developments and techniques, research and understand new HANA revision features
- Proficient in the use of methodologies supported by SAP best practices.
- Must have desire to learn and support big data technologies like IQ and Hadoop
- Experience in other SAP supported databases like Oracle is a bonus
- Proficient in working in Linux server environments
- Understanding of Agile principles and process
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Technology Leadership Program
As part of the Technology Leadership Program, Ashley creates great programming tools and works on creating and perfecting Target’s text messaging API.
Back to top