Lead Product Owner - Talent
Description: PRODUCT OWNER - TALENT
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
In this role, you will work between Target's Tech Team and Human Resources. You will have the chance to positively impact nearly 350,000 people worldwide in our stores, distribution centers and headquarters, you'll be a strategic partner to both the leaders and the team members who elevate and nurture the Target guest experience. Our dynamic, passionate and responsive team comprises specialized people-professionals from several diverse disciplines. We operate behind the scenes to create a progressive culture of value, respect, reward and engagement.
As Product Owner, you will represent the "voice of the customer", your role will be to understand what is important to the end user and understand the fundamental end-to-end processes and integrations. You will work on requests that maximize business value and deliver necessary fixes and functionality to all customers. Your role will focus on leading the Talent functional areas of Workday including Talent Management and Recruiting.
Initially you will work as Product Owner/Functional Lead for the Talent area of the Workday deployment. Upon implementation you will be working as a scrum team, as the Product Owner of the scrum team you work side by side with your technical partners and will be accountable for the development and health of the product. As the Product Owner of a scrum team, you are responsible for maintaining and refining the backlog, creating user stories and acceptance criteria and prioritizing all stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum business value that align with product strategy.
- 2+ years experience in a product role or equivalent
- Knowledge of recruiting processes for exempt and high volume nonexempt team members
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with technology and ability to facilitate communication between business and tech teams
- Experience working in an agile environment (e.g. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Agile and/or Product Owner certification
- Knowledge of Workday Recruiting
- Knowledge of talent management processes
Back to top