Lead Product Owner
Description: Lead Product Owner
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
The Lead Product Owner represents the "voice of the customer" by maintaining and prioritizing the backlog to ensure that the team is working on stories that maximize business value and deliver necessary fixes and functionality to all customers
The team is responsible for an in-house omni-channel enterprise testing and targeting platform that works across all channels (stores, web and apps). The platform helps Target maintain a rapid pace of experimentation, improving the ability to deliver business results, and empower the team to seek data and install scientific approaches into their solutions and work.
- Deep customer empathy and passionate about building delightful product experiences
- Strong experience in cross-platform experiences (Mobile, Desktop)
- Strong experience in growth foundational skills like A/B testing, analytics and data, user research, storytelling and psychology
- Superior data and analytical skills including the ability to define and decompose relevant metrics and to directly perform data analysis in SQL or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to articulate a strategy at every level of the company
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, marketing, information systems, business or related majors.
- Ensure stories clearly communicate strong affinity for app dev as a target market, with an understanding of the developer community and the landscape of tools and technologies developers use to bring products to market, including platform-as-a-service, CI/CD, team collaboration, devops, containers, and data services the customer and stakeholder needs to meet key business objectives and strategies for the product.
- Maintain and refine backlog: Create user stories and acceptance criteria and prioritize all stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum business value that align with product strategy.
- Work in scrum team, ensuring the teams are aligned around similar goals and objectives and attending all scrum meetings.
- Inspire others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance while committing to the organization's direction
- Foster a sense of urgency to achieve goals and leverage resources to overcome unexpected obstacles
- 7+ years of experience with 2+ years in a product role or equivalent
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with technology and ability to facilitate communication between business and tech teams
- Experience working in an agile environment (e.g. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- An understanding of statistical analysis and A/B testing, or experience using or marketing a data analytics product
- Strong public speaking skills and ability to develop compelling customer-facing presentations
- Proven track record in performing well in a fast-paced environment and organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively.
- Bachelor's degree required, Computer Science or commensurate experience strongly preferred. MBA a plus, but not required.
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Product Owner, Lead Systems Analyst
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Roberto is a Lead Software Engineer in the application development space for Target. He leverages the Java stack to build scalable systems and ensures that Target’s product teams are using continuous integration to deliver high-quality applications.
Back to top