Lead Product Owner
Lead Product Owner Apply Now Job ID INF000BEA Date posted 08/25/2017 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota
LEAD PRODUCT OWNER – PRICING PLATFORM API
The Product Owner represents the "voice of the customer" by maintaining and prioritizing the backlog to ensure that the team is working on stories that maximize business value and deliver necessary fixes and functionality to all customers. This role is part of our Pricing and Promotions Center of Excellence and is critical to enable Target to achieve its Pricing strategy and overall financial objectives.
The Pricing Platform API product is responsible for establishing and providing the source of truth for pricing data across the enterprise. The broader vision for the product is to establish a capability that determines what final Price should be established and to enable a suite of APIs to ensure this can be delivered to all applications across Target, including Guest Facing APIs directly responsible for the Price information available on our digital solutions.
This role will be very visible across Target as it will require the product owner to work closely with partners across many parts of our organization. Primary partners will be Stores, Digital and Pricing COE team members. The product owner must be highly organized with an ability to connect strategic plans to the product strategy and break down the work into achievable outcomes while managing many cross-functional partnerships. This will require a mix of technical experience working with a service oriented architecture along with experience in Product Mgmt.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drafts key Product Strategies and Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) for the product(s).
- Create and maintain a Product Charter and Product Vision for your product
- Define KPIs and ensure all critical metrics are actively measured
- Lead, manage and collaborate with cross-functional teams, business partners and stakeholder management for the product(s)
- Lead dual track agile to balance both Delivery and Discovery activities within your team
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Ensure stories and/or Epics clearly communicate the customer and stakeholder needs to the development partners.
- Foster a sense of urgency in to achieve goals and leverage resources to overcome unexpected obstacles
- Inspires others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance while committing to the organizations direction
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
- Accountable for created product(s), working in the product model and communicating with business partners
- Stays current on industry knowledge, business context and customer personas related to this product
- Provides competitive analysis, monitoring, Market, SWOT and Gap Analysis to key stakeholders
- Demonstrated passion and fluency for the technical and data aspects of your business
- Lead and manage cross-geography SCRUM teams, including engineers, ensuring the teams are aligned around similar goals and objectives
- Encourages the open exchange of information and viewpoints
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years in a product strategy role
- 6+ years of expertise, coding or developing experience
- Experience working in an agile development
- Experience in an ecommerce organization
- Strong communication skills
- Digital expertise and experience
- 2+ years in a team leadership role
- Experience with data driven products
- Previous Pricing/Promotions experience a plus
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Roberto is a Lead Software Engineer in the application development space for Target. He leverages the Java stack to build scalable systems and ensures that Target’s product teams are using continuous integration to deliver high-quality applications.
Back to top