Lead Fulfillment Optimization Manager (Operations Research/Data Analysis)
- Minneapolis, MN
Description: About us:
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers.
Target's Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop-in stores or on Target.com-we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. We're looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in Network Planning and Global Intelligence means creating industry leading intelligence solutions to drive best in class omnichannel guest experiences at the lowest cost to Target. You might focus on enabling the future transportation operating model, optimizing inventory management, driving topology planning or leveraging deep business insights and analytics to propel Target's Supply Chain. As a network steward, we create forecasts, design inventory optimization strategies and leverage technology to ensure our inventory is available at the right time, in the right places and quantity to meet the needs of our guest, stores and operational goals. Super-powered first and foremost by our people, and supported by robust process and technology, we are a team of data-focused, curious minds who love to solve hard problems to enable a dynamic, fast paced Supply Chain Network. Our modern operating systems are built by Target and lead in the arena of automated large-scale supply chain planning and optimization systems running large-scale solves for complex optimization problems.
The Fulfillment Optimization team is responsible for providing insights, leading strategy and optimization-based initiatives to drive the efficiency of Target's digital fulfillment. The team member will need to use data engineering skills, statistical knowledge, simulation and modeling techniques while collaborating with data science, product, technology and business partners to transform Target's fulfillment.
REPORTING/WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the Director of Fulfillment Optimization based out of Target HQ in Minneapolis, USA.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands Target's supply chain data across dot com and store channels.
- Based on data, learns the current status of supply chain and is able to align with the leadership vision for longer term strategy.
- Works with other optimization managers to analyze opportunities, quantify scope for improvement and define core areas of focus to improve guest experience and cost to serve in Target's supply chain.
- Conducts mathematical modeling, simulation and statistical approaches to clearly define problems, build solutions and recommend next steps to the IPC lead team.
- Builds root cause analysis and reporting to provide specificity/detail in analytical output(s) to drive deep understanding of the problems/defects and action across core process teams and partners.
- Provides necessary information for and participates in pilot engagements to demonstrate business opportunities and ensures succession to standard process/practice where appropriate.
- Works closely with data science and engineering teams to help deploy new algorithmic solutions to support inventory planning and control. Has the passion to engage in deep analytical, algorithmic work while staying connected to the core business teams
- B.S. in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business, Finance, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research or other related fields.
- MS/PhD preferred in a quantitative disciple such as statistics, operations research, business analytics or mathematics
- 5+ years of retail or equivalent domain experience
- Experience utilizing problem solving and analytical skills
- Familiarity with supply chain concepts such as forecasting, planning, optimization, and logistics - gained through work experience or graduate level education
- Familiarity with statistical tools such as SAS, R, SPSS and with scripting languages such as Python for analyzing data and building prototypes
- Knowledge of statistics and data mining techniques and tools to analyze and make insights from big data such as historical sales data and simulation/experiment results
- Technical aptitude for the design and use of complex logistics software systems
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in easy to understand terminology with multiple audiences
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Back to top