Lead Front End Engineer, Target.com Web UI Team (Node.js/React)
Lead Front End Engineer, Target.com Web UI Team (Node.js/React) Apply Now Job ID INF000BFD Date posted 08/23/2017 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota
JOIN US AS A LEAD FRONT END ENGINEER – TARGET.COM WEB UI TEAM (Node.js / React)
The Target.com Web UI Team builds and maintains one of the most visited ecommerce sites in the world. We architect solutions to facilitate massive scale; design libraries and abstractions to make our jobs easier; embrace modern web development practices and tools to ensure consistency, stability, and performance; and are fully responsible for the Target.com UI web stack. We realize successes through our strong engineering culture and delighting our guests with great web experiences.
About this Opportunity
We are seeking a team member and engineer who's able to jump in and contribute to our projects.
As a Lead Front End Engineer at Target you will use your skills, experience, and talent to be part of our amazing team. Here is what we are looking for in you:
- Work as a member of a product team that will iterate on guest facing features that impact the bottom line of Target.com.
- Contribute to our full-stack Node.js and React universal application.
- Implement design patterns to enhance our highly scalable web application.
- Contribute to the design of our full system architecture.
- Continuously work to improve through pair programming and pull request reviews.
- Coach teammates to implementations that adhere to engineering best practices.
- Ensure team contributions match quality expectations and contribution guidelines.
- Lead development efforts to delivery of production ready software.
- Promote an inclusive team culture that fosters a safe learning environment.
- Engage in continuous improvement projects within the team.
- Contribute unit and functional tests to certify your work is good.
- Provide technical expertise to product teams, advising best practices and highlighting risks.
- BS degree in computer science or related technical field
- 6+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience in web technologies
- 3+ years in a lead engineering role
- Experience with web frameworks like React, Angular, Vue.js, Polymer, Riot.js, Backbone, and Ember
- Experience developing Adaptive or Responsive websites using HTML5 and CSS3
- Familiarity with build tools such as webpack, Rollup, gulp, and Grunt
- Computer Science foundational knowledge including competencies working with design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience automated testing and proficient with a testing framework (e.g. Jest, Mocha)
- Experience working with a source versioning tool, such as Git
- Experience working as a member of an Agile software development team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills demonstrating technical leadership
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Node.js and React
- Experience working with GraphQL and RESTful web services
- Experience building accessible websites
- Experience working on project facilitating true CI/CD (Jenkins, Drone, etc.)
- Exposure to DevOps tools and culture (i.e. Kubernetes, Docker, Spinnaker, Jenkins, Git, etc.)
- Awareness of new and emerging technologies
As part of the Target.com Web UI Team you will be a front line contributor to the future of online commerce
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Roberto is a Lead Software Engineer in the application development space for Target. He leverages the Java stack to build scalable systems and ensures that Target’s product teams are using continuous integration to deliver high-quality applications.
Back to top