Lead Engineer - Workload Automation
JOIN US as a Lead Engineer – Workload Automation!
Join a dynamic team that delivers deployment and workload automation services across Target’s global environment. We are looking for a creative and motivated individual who can both lead and implement, is eager to learn, and wants to help build the culture and practice of DevOps and Agile at Target. The key to the success of this position solid engineering expertise, collaboration, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
What You Will Be Doing
- An active member of the Deployment and Workload Automation Engineering team focusing on delivering the right services to our engineers to enable automation, job management, deployment, and configuration discovery.
- Participate in the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of Target’s workload automation environment.
- Lead the way in development of RESTful APIs to support self-service offerings.
- Collaborate with our IT partners on strategic initiatives and make sure our operating environment is in line with global needs.
- You’ll actively use Agile methods with the team to manage WIP, flow, and prioritization of work.
- You’ll be hands on with tools like Git, Chef, Artifactory, HipChat, Jenkins, OpenStack, VMWare, and Open Source software to automate infrastructure in support of our services.
- Research related products and make necessary software recommendations
- Continuous improvement and maintain a technical edge
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 7-9 years total work experience
- Has in-depth knowledge of state-of-the art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required by domain
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Control-M platform administration
- Unix shell and Perl scripting, AIX and Linux systems administration
- Experience in development and programming technologies to build automated infrastructure services
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Possess good organization and communication skills
- Services oriented with strong customer focus
- Git, Artifactory, and Jenkins knowledge
- Understanding of Windows technologies, PowerShell, C#, and .Net programming
- Agile and DevOps familiarity
- Experience automating infrastructure
What’s In It for You
- Work in an amazing, innovative environment
- Work along side and learn from experts at Target that are well respected in both internal and external communities
- Join an intelligent and fun team where experimental learning happens every day
Back to top